Tial P. Missouri

"Homeless People Should Be Helped"

How can we help the homeless?

Dear Mr. or Madam President,

I am excited to see what you will be doing for our country in the next four years, but I would appreciate it if you read my concerned topic.

In the US, many homeless are struggling on living in the street, struggle on buying new clothes, and struggle on buying foods. Some people even die from hunger and sickness. We can help the homeless by donating foods, clothes, and money. The school can also help the homeless by doing an art project-knitting scarf for the homeless in winter time and donate things that they don’t need for the homeless people to use. Government can also help homeless get insurance. According to Health Medicare, there are four parts of medicare, “Medicare part A is hospital insurance and its covers inpatient hospital care, hospice care, and etc. Medicare part B is medical insurance and its cover certain non-hospital medical expenses like X-ray. Medicare part C is medicare advantage and its includes every type of medicare coverage in one health plan. Medicare part D is optional prescription drug coverage.” Basically, there are four parts of medicare and each parts cover and provides different kind of things. Homeless people don’t always get what they wanted and needed.

Not enough money even when I work so hard to make a living. Life is joyful if you get what you need and want. As day get closer, I feel more and more hopeless. Can’t afford money to get a treatment when I get sick. According to Paul Boden, organizing director of the Western Regional Advocacy Project, a West Coast coalition of homeless organizations says, “If you’re a homeless woman, you’re guaranteed to be assaulted on the street, and women try to double up with guys to be safe but they usually get beaten up by those guys, so their options are limited. Zulema is a 65 year old woman and she stayed in shelters for four months, but the process is inefficient and she says she never feel safe and the shelters are very bad for women especially older women. ” In other words, Mr. Boden is trying to says that homeless woman always got attacked by guys and this could cause them to be hospitalized.The shelters that the woman lived in are usually awful for older women which also can cause them to become injured. This is why homeless people should get insurance. If they have insurance, they would be able to go to the hospital to get a treatment and get help. Homeless women would also be protected if they have an insurance.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Thank You for taking your time to read this.

Respectfully,

Tial 

Frontier STEM High School

9C

The best third block class in the world. Yessir.