Grayden H. Michigan

Wrestling In The Olympics

Keep Wrestling Alive.

Dear next president of the United States Of America, I believe that you should fight to keep wrestling in the Olympics. Wrestling is one of the first sports to be introduced to the Olympics in Greece where the Olympics originated. Wrestling is the oldest form of combat showing ones strength as well as his/her intelligence it is perceived to have been around for over 15,000 years. The united states has 125 medals alone in wrestling 50 of which are gold. in 2016 the United States had its first woman take gold in wrestling if that's not an incentive to keep this sport around than i don't have a clue what will. For wrestling to be battling for a spot in the Olympics against baseball/softball, squash, karate, sport climbing, wake boarding, wushu and roller sports is crazy all because wrestling isn't a "core" sport even though it is one of the first sports in the Olympics. Given that the Olympics are a world wide event I know that you can not necessarily keep it in the Olympics yourself but being america we have a big influence on what others will do in attempt to save this great sport. The sport itself has been down the last few years but wrestlers like myself and a few other wrestlers help coach youth wrestling teams. the kids we coach tell there friends about how much fun it is to wrestle and we get new kids every week that are very excited and eager to learn how to wrestle. Wrestling is very good at teaching discipline, respect, and character, when i started wrestling i stopped getting into so much trouble and my grades improved drastically because the guys you work with push you to hold your own.

thanks, Grayden Hamilton

Carman-Ainsworth High School

Carman-Ainsworth High School

This group consist of students in the course of English 12 for Ms. Mathews. We will be posting on issues of social injustice and making a change for the better.