Felix Washington

Climate Change

The next president should create laws regulating carbon emission

Felix M. , Axl H.

Olympia, WA

03 November, 2016

The Next President of the United States

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear Next President:

Planet earth is currently suffering from climate change. Climate change is heating up the earth, and poses a threat almost all species on earth. The issue of climate change is being caused by greenhouse emissions from the burning of fossil fuels. You need to make citizens more aware of this posing threat.

People all around the world need to change their ways. They need to find alternative methods to using fossil-fuels. We also need to have stricter regulations on cattle farms. People need to recycle and compost more to help fight climate change. All of these things contribute to causing the greenhouse effect.

If the world was without climate change, we would see significant improvement to our environment. For example fewer wildfires, decreased flooding, increased crop production. Additionally we would endure fewer catastrophic storms and conditions that threaten our lives.

One of my recommendations would be to require all car manufacturers to stop making vehicles that require fossil-fuels. This would dramatically decrease the amount of carbon emissions contributing to the greenhouse effect and help stop climate change.

Life will improve for future generations because we will fear less about the condition of our planet in which our children will inherit .

You the president need to make a greater effort toward informing citizens about the dangers of climate change, and requiring large manufacturers to reduce carbon emissions.

Felix, Axl

Sullivan, Leeann. "Climate Change." Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society, ABC-CLIO, 2016, issues.abc-clio.com/Topics/Display/1075586?cid=41. Accessed 4 Nov. 2016.

Driscoll, Sally, and Flynn. "Global Warming: An Overview." Points Of View: Global Warming (2016): 1. Points of View Reference Center. Web. 4 Nov. 2016.  

Washington Middle School

Social Studies Period 2

8th Graders