Hunter Washington

Guns control is a big problem in the United States of America. They are becoming more of a terror weapon and that's not right. We need to fix it.

Grant

Hunter

Olympia, WA

4, November, 2016

The Next President of the United States

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear Next President:

Gun Control is a big problem in the United States of America. People are using guns for violence, more than just hunting, and other legal reasons. In the past 20 years there has been multiple mass shootings in the United States of America. Some examples are the Columbine High School Shooting in 1999, the Virginia Tech University massacre in 2007, and the most recent in June, the Orlando night club shooting that killed 49. People are getting too much attention, and we need to forget about those who do these terrible acts.

The problems people struggle with are how they are using guns. Some people have mental disabilities and they use guns in the wrong way because they aren’t mentally capable of knowing how to use guns. For example, the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting. The shooter had a mental disability and it was completely untreated. People who own a gun are usually trusted that they will use it correctly.

A world without this problem would be a better world because without gun violence, there wouldn’t be shootings and many people won’t get killed. The only way the United States of America could trust people with guns is to see their background checks. With more background checks the less risk of having more deadly mass shootings.

My idea is to make the people who buy guns show the workers their background checks so they can see their history with guns. This will solve the problem because If they have a bad record with guns, they won’t be able to buy the gun. If they have a good record with guns, they can buy the gun.

If the solution becomes a reality, the USA, and the world, will be more peaceful and people won’t have to worry about maybe having a shooting in their town. More people will be happy, and the world will be a better place. This would also help people moving into towns because their would not be shootings and their neighborhood would be a better place.

The next president of the United States should highly consider more background checks. With background checks, mental disability people can’t immediately get a hold of a gun. If someone gets a hold of a gun with a mental disability they should be talked with a mental counselor to get help. This would be the best option for gun control.

Grant

Hunter

Lee, M., and Alexander Stingl. "Gun Control: An Overview." Points Of View: Gun Control (2016): 1. Points of View Reference Center. Web. 7 Nov. 2016.

Ballaro, Beverly, and Laura Finley. "Counterpoint: Gun Control Saves Lives." Points Of View: Gun Control (2016): 3. Points of View Reference Center. Web. 7 Nov. 2016.