Tyler And Ben Washington

Children should NOT be playing Violent Video Games

This is about why kids should not play video games that include violence, and gangs, etc. which leads to very bad consequences

Tyler and Ben

Olympia, WA

04 November, 2016

The Next President of the United States

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear Next President:

Our problem is children should not be able to play violent video games? We are helping companies and parents. kids today are playing violent video games which leads to violence and which also leads to serious crimes and no good childhoods

The problem the nation is struggling with is that children are committing crimes because of their gaming life, and young children are getting bad messages from games such as Grand Theft Auto and Doom. For example, two teenagers were shooting at a car with a pistol, several injuries were recorded. When they were questioned, they claimed their inspiration was from Grand Theft Auto.

If there was a world where no violent video games such as GTA (Grand Theft Auto) and Call of Duty. Then kids would play and hang around outside and not think about violence. An example from GTA is nudity, crimes, heists, and swearing. From Call of Duty they give information on guns towards other players/people and the player/person shoots other players/people. If this problem never existed then there would be less violence in the world.

One way to solve the problem is to persuade companies to put a label on the game box, saying this doesn’t reflect real life. This’ll tell children that the themes used within the game will not be realistic, so they won’t attempt what’ll be done.

Our situation would benefit so much by a big range because since people won't have violence in their video games then they will figure out to do other social interactions, and activities. By this people will become more social

As I mentioned in paragraph four. You could persuade companies to add a label to their games. Telling children that the game doesn't reflect real life, and it would benefit parents and companies to prevent them from being sued.

Tyler And Ben

Belanger, Craig, and Marlanda English. “Virtual Worlds & Mmorpgs: An Overview.” Points Of View: Virtual Worlds & Mmorpgs (2016): 1. Points of View Reference Center. Web. 4 Nov. 2016.

Hollen, Kathryn H. “Online Gaming Addiction.” Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society, ABC-CLIO, 2016, issues.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/1686046. Accessed 4 Nov. 2016.

Morahan-Martin, Janet. “Video Games and Gun Violence.” Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society, ABC-CLIO, 2016, issues.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/1789760. Accessed 4 Nov. 2016.

Perry, Andrew. “Online Gaming.” Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society, ABC-CLIO, 2016, issues.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/1560180. Accessed 4 Nov. 2016.