Evan.D New Jersey

Self-Defense

We need to allow most Americans have concealed carry weapons to protect others or themselves.

Dear President Elect Trump,

My name is Evan ,I’m in the seventh grade and live in Woodbridge, New Jersey and we need to keep allowing people to have the use of concealed firearms. If there is a robbery and you happen to be in that store or bank and you have a concealed firearm, you can be saving lives if you know how to properly use the firearm. The NRA (National Rifle Association) releases a magazine called “Rifleman” has a section in the front called the Armed Citizen, I usually do read this part of the magazine, has inspiring stories of bravery and selflessness. Most of the stories are about people invading others homes, but also has people helping others when they are getting attacked and someone using their licensed concealed firearm to save a life, plus, concealed firearms have been permitted in all 50 states. The only way that people should be able to have a handgun or weapon is if the buyers have a full background check, to see if they have committed any felonies, then they get checked for mental illness’. 622 people were killed between 2007 to 2014, and what if they had a concealed carry firearm, these deaths would have gone down drastically. Without guns, our country would crumble against criminals.

Evan of Saint James School