Gabriella I. New Jersey

LGBTQ+ Rights

I'm going to talk about why LGBTQ+ equality is extremely important to our country.

Dear President Elect Trump,

My name is Gabriella I, I am a seventh grader at Saint James School located in Woodbridge, New Jersey. In my social studies class we have been discussing major issues in our world at the moment. For me, I feel that LGBTQ+ issues are extremely important and close to heart for me. Marriage is an internationally recognized human right for all people, so why is marriage equality such a big issue in our world? Personally I believe gay marriage should be allowed. Here are multiple reasons why I believe marriage equality should be accepted.

Gay marriage bans cause humiliation and uncertainty for children being raised for same-sex couples. This means that children raised in same-sex couples with have the certain knowing of not being humiliated for how their parents identify. This is extremely important for all people in the world right now as equality is becoming a more recognized topic we must understand that people should be loved and accepted just as they are. We must understand that people love others of the same-sex and that should be accepted.

Marriage Equality shows people who are gay, and not gay that they can be themselves. Marriage provides both physical and psychological health benefits, and banning it increases the rates of disorders. We must accept marriage equality, so people can be healthy, mentally and physically, and not fall into mental disorders. We need to make sure that the people of our world are healthy and feel loved, no matter what their sexuality is. This is important for our society to show that you are loved and accepted in the world. There will always be people who don't accept gay marriage and equality, but by legalizing it people can understand that this is okay and people should be loved and accepted.

Did you know that gay marriage can bring financial gain to federal, state, and local governments and can help boost the economy. This means that if gay marriage is legalized it can bring money to the government! This can boost our economy, which is a great reason to not ban gay marriage. It would be absolutely beneficial to our economy!

Those are some reasons why gay marriage should not be banned. I hope you take all of these reasons into consideration.

Gabriella Irwin