Frank U. New York

Illegal Immigration

So future president would you like to join your citizens and help change our economy by making it stronger ? Or would you like to help make lives easier for the illegal immigrants? Well ,if we try hard enough we can make things happen and fast so we don’t fall as a country. I believe that if we secure our fences tighter we wouldn’t have this problem.

Have you ever wondered what are some of the biggest problems in the U.S. ? Or why our economy has been suffering? It is because of illegal immigrants. Every single day wages are lost, taxes don’t get collected, hospitals give free health care to the illegal immigrants for which they never pay. Huge criminal gangs of foreigners are roaming our streets and the cost of providing social services to illegal immigrants slowly bankrupt the state and local governments (Jones 28). Illegal immigrants should be deported because they take jobs from American citizens and get free education with the taxes paid by legal citizens.

The bad part about illegal immigration is that over the past two decades, most efforts to estimate the fiscal impact of immigration in the United States have concluded that, in over the long term, tax revenues of all types generated by immigrants which were both legal and illegal exceed the cost of the services they use (Goodman 6). I believe that the illegal immigrants who are undocumented workers hurt the social security trust fund because they get free services. Also from 1980-2000 have decreased the wages of high school dropouts in the U.S (Goodman 9). Illegal immigrants are a problem in the U.S. because they get free social health care such as free education and free food stamps (Jones 28 ).In the past, illegal immigrants have also caused high school dropouts in the past which caused schools to lose money.

In the U.S. economy, illegal immigrants have done a lot of damage such as not paying the regular taxes a legal citizen would pay. The illegal immigrants also have caused an increase of the low-cost labor pool. Also they have increased the money circulation (Jones 1) . Americans hire the illegal immigrants because the illegal immigrants will work for any price of any job, which means that Americans will purposely pay the illegal immigrants at a low price. This is an example of how illegal immigrants steal jobs from American citizens. Overall, the American economy will fall down if we don’t help this major hole.Some people say that illegal immigrants who come to the U.S. benefit the U.S economy through additional tax revenue. Having illegal immigrants is a good thing if they help with the overall increase in the smaller jobs. The average U.S. wealth has increased by 1 percent because of illegal immigrants. I believe the illegal immigrants can help out the U.S but they don’t belong in an environment where they have a chance of being deported. The overall good part about illegal immigrants is that Illegal immigrants have replenished the U.S by increasing jobs that Americans do not take.

VS North HS

Italiano/Suarez Per 2

These letters were written by 9th grade students. They spent two weeks researching issues and one week learning how to write an argument letter. This was the first project of this magnitude that they have ever experienced, they learned a lot, and they are very happy to be done! Thank you for reading.