Connor R. Virginia

Illegal Immigration

Illegal immigration is a huge problem in today's society and something needs to be done about it. Able bodied illegals pour into our country and receive benefits from the government and raise the unemployment level for citizens of the United States. An average of one thousand illegal immigrants flood into the United States per day.

Dear Future President, There needs to be something done about illegal immigration.

Illegal immigration is a serious issue in this country right now and has been in the past few years. An average of one thousand illegal immigrants come into our country each day. Illegals that come into this country take jobs from US citizens and raise the unemployment level for citizens of the United States. Now having that said there are able bodied citizens of the United States that refuse to work and live off of welfare and I completely disagree with that. I think the only people that should receive welfare are US citizens that aren't able to work. Illegals should most definitely not get welfare or any help from the US government, given that they aren't citizens of the United States. Illegals receive public housing, college educations, and food stamps all provided by our government. Illegals shouldn't be presided over citizens of the United States. There is no problem with legal immigration but illegals shouldn't be allowed benefits granted to citizens of the US. I think the United States needs to tighten it's border security and needs to undergo thorough background checks before giving someone any government assistance. Next, all illegals should be deported back to their native countries because they don't belong here and are taking ownership to things they don't deserve. 

Smithfield High School

SHS AP Lang Blocks 1 & 2

Smithfield High School, AP Language and Composition, 11th grade