Tate H. Iowa

I think that illegal immigrants should be taken out of our country as well as using better screening to keep terrorists out.

To Our Next President,

I think that illegal immigrants should be taken out of our country because they induce crime and are employed illegally. To 'Make America Great Again,' we need to focus on our homeland, especially crime.

In 2014, there were 11.1 illegal immigrants in the United States of America. 52% of these people come from Mexico. Many, but not all of these people commit crimes. There is a lot of drug smuggling that also comes across this border. 

I believe that to end this problem, we need to require all immigrants to gain citizenship legally, with illegal immigrants exported. One solution to illegal immigration is to build a wall. This wall needs to have sensors below it and be policed from above. If immigrants want to enter our country legally and become citizens, then they will be guaranteed all of the freedoms under our Constitution and work to achieve a great life.

Tate H.

North Fayette Valley High School

TigerHawks Speak Out

Each member of the 'Class of 2017' will voice their concerns over one issue of their choice that they are passionate about in a professional manner, addressing the letter to 'Our Next President' as opposed to naming (or criticizing) one of the candidates.