Sidney k. Texas

Immigration is helping our society become better and better.

Dear Future President of the United States,

Imagine a world today if the american dream was a reality. If people could come over to the US and work and have a home. Image if you didn’t have to be judged based off of if you were born here or not. A world where no one cared where you came from or what you are classified as. Your policies should allow more refugees, provide jobs for those who are in need, and address the racist accusations that the illegal immigrants are a major source of crime.

We the people of america should be very open to the idea of people coming over from different countries because we don’t know how they were treated where they lived before. These days people are coming over to the US to get away from war that is going on in their country or to get away from dictatorship.“This was largely in response to the massive waves of refugees coming to the U.S. in the 1970s from Vietnam and Cambodia. In fact, more than 200,000 immigrants, largely from Southeast Asia, were given refugee status by the U.S. the year the Refugee Act was signed into law.” During that time when many people were coming over to the US from Vietnam, the Vietnam war was happening. Many people did not want to stay around for the war because there homes were being taken. Many people are in need of a place to go and america should welcome everyone with open arms.

We should be respecting not neglecting the people that are coming over to the US. All they want is either a fresh start or a place to work. The truth is that they are the ones doing all of the agricultural work that we would not want to be doing if they were not here. How would you feel if you had to work from 5AM to 8PM building houses or doing community service. Especially when it is raining, hot, snowing, or any kind of weather conditions like that? Thats right you wouldnt want to. That is what those people are doing for us. “Without a large supply of low-skilled immigrant farm workers, labor-intensive farming would either shrink dramatically or disappear entirely.” People are not wanting to do the jobs that the immigrants are doing because we think that there are much better jobs for us since us natives have a better education than them. But if you think about it, they are helping us with the jobs that none of us would be doing if they were not here. “ It is worth remembering that not all high-immigrant occupations are lower-skilled and lower-wage. For example, 44 percent of medical scientists are immigrants, as are 34 percent of software engineers, 27 percent of physicians, and 25 percent of chemists. It is worth remembering that not all high-immigrant occupations are lower-skilled and lower-wage. For example, 44 percent of medical scientists are immigrants, as are 34 percent of software engineers, 27 percent of physicians, and 25 percent of chemists.”

People are blaming immigrants for all of the crimes that have been happening on the US. “Separating Mexicans from other immigrants, the former commit 3.5 to 5 times as many crimes as the average native. However, all other immigrants commit less than half as many crimes as natives. “The weight of the evidence suggests that immigration is not associated with increased levels of crime.” People want to blame the immigrants for all of the crimes happening because they don’t want to admit to themselves that they are the ones helping us. We would be a even more self conceited country if there weren't other people here to make us more diverse. We need to accept the fact that the immigrants do not commit as many crimes as natives. All of the people that come over to the US, do not harm us as much as we harm ourselves.

Remember they are the ones that are here to live a better life.and to not be judged. So we need to be open minded to the fact that we are not the only ones that are allowed in the country. Immigrants lives matter also not just ours. We need to treat them how we would anyone else.

Works cited

Igielink, Ruth. "Google." Google. N.p., 17 June 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

"Google." Google. N.p., 14 July 2015. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Camarota, Steven A. "Jobs Americans Won't Do? A Detailed Look at Immigrant Employment by Occupation." Center for Immigration Studies. N.p., Aug. 2009. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Caplan, Bryan. "Google." Google. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.