Sara Brabrand Karlsgaard California

Immigration

This letter is about illegal immigration. How the president can make sure, people in the future don't waste their tears, because of an illegal immigrant.

Dear next President,

My name is Sara and I am an exchange student in the US, and I like your country. I want the best for America, which is why this topic matters to me. Also, because I care about others.

I will just go right to the point.

Today, the number of illegal immigrants in America is around 11 million.  When around 11 million people in America are living in the shadows ( or, rather, documented with forged and faked papers), there is a profound security problem. We do not know who is entering the country, and what their intentions are. It could be drug smuggling. Also, what if they have mean thoughts such as terrorism.

I know first hand, as an exchange student, what it takes to come into America legally. I had to fill out tons of paperwork, go to the embassy for hours and then I needed to pass all the security in the airport. I am not saying it is an unnecessary process, just that you know my story and my intentions for coming to America. That essential information, you do not know about the illegal immigrants.

I have chosen to elucidate this issue, because I do not want to see people waste their tears because of an illegal immigrant who just committed e.x. terrorism. But rather that you make a difference and save the inhabitants in your country and make them appreciate you. This issue matters to yours, mine and America’s future.

I have a suggestion for you; have a mandatory security check at every border to make sure each individual entering your country is a legal citizen of the United States of America. Then, set up many security cameras so they will be afraid and if someone desperate would try, either way, the security guard knows where to find them.

Immigration is a current and big issue, that definitely can be solved.

I am looking forward to coming back to a controlled America.

Sara K.