ace r. Ohio

Restrictions on welfare

Some people can take advantage of welfare and some people don't even need it. This is a small step to ending welfare

I have been researching a lot on welfare. Welfare is an extra helping hand for the people in need. 49% of Americans in the US depend on welfare. Technically speaking that’s a lot of people who depend on the government for money. But my question is where do we get all the money to just give people in need like that? In 2016 it was reported that officials were checking on welfare for people in sub-standard homes before hurricane Matthew.

In the summer of 2016 the state of Georgia ran out of food stamps. The people of Georgia retaliated. It is understandable that it is hard to find jobs In today’s world. But the people who appose welfare has a good standing point as well. If you were a hard worker how would you feel about the government taking your hard earned money to give to people who are in need. Some people are also taking advantage of their welfare. Welfare requirements should have higher standards.

The average amount of welfare was 400 dollars a month. 8.3 million of Americans receive SSI. A majority of single mothers receive benefits. Where does welfare money come from you might ask. OUR MONEY! Welfare is a helping hand for the poor but it depends on our taxes. We should have the right to give our money away if we want to. Of course theirs also the lazy people who like to take advantage of it. Instead of just taking welfare away completely we could make the requirements higher. That is all I have to say about welfare. Thank you for your time to read this.

Sincerely, Ace ran

Fairfield Middle School

Mrs. Brinker's 8th grade students

The 8th graders in Mrs. Brinker's 8th grade classes have written letters to the Next President about issues they find important to their own lives and our country.