DanielK Texas

Media Regulation

Should the Government be allowed to restrict information that is deemed "threatening" to the government?

Dear Mr./Mrs. President

China and North Korea. These are examples of corrupt governments stealing the freedom of the media. Slowly the government will try to take control over the media, and that is unacceptable.

There are 2 types of governments: oppressive and free. An oppressive government tries to take away the freedom of the media, while a free, just government will have boundaries but not to the extent of keeping threatening information that needs to be addressed directly to the people. According to Debate.org 92% Percent of the people believe that the government should not restrict any part of the government. People believe that if the government takes control over the media it contradicts with the constitution’s first amendment. They believe that if there is a restriction of the media, the freedom of expression would be gone.

When there is a censorship of information there is a blindness. The government can take advantage of that and make them seem more appealing to the people and create false sayings about their enemies, therefore obliterating any freedom of belief that was given to people of the United States.

The people of the United States were granted the freedom of belief and speech, which would be taken away from them as a result of censorship. Michael Anti (also known as Jing Zhao), Chinese citizen and blogger, said in a TED Talk that,

“Chinese social media is really changing the Chinese mindset and Chinese life”. 

The censorship of media will eventually lead to the destruction of the United States.

Daniel K

Cedar Valley M.S. - Roberts' ELA

Roberts ELA

This is where Mrs. Roberts' students will write persuasive letters to the next president, using persuasive strategies.