Phoebe M. Texas

Enforcing Environmental Protection

Pollution affects many organisms worldwide, and it creates more destruction to this planet. By protecting the environment, we are able to stall the spread of pollution.

Pollution has taken the world by storm. The environment has been infected by a disease, and this disease has affected Mother Earth along with the creatures that live beside her. This planet is in desperate need for help, and we have a job to protect it. People live and thrive on Earth, but pollution has created a barrier between us and a healthy life. Chopping down trees, driving vehicles, and littering are just a few examples of how pollution is increasing everyday.

Pollution is a threat that we must avoid. Plants and animals are in danger of dying from the diseases that pollution can cause. The United Nations Environment Programme shown that over one million seabirds and 100,000 sea animals have died from pollution each year. Even though many living things have perished, there are ways to stall the process of the infection that is spreading worldwide. The U.S Environmental Protection Agency said recycling and composting prevented 85 million tons of material from being disposed of. Just a sole individual can avert the growth of pollution. The Union of Concerned Scientists stated that burning nonrenewable resources, like coal and oil, has more power than using renewable resources. The disadvantage of nonrenewable resources are that these gases create more harmful greenhouse gas which contribute to global warming. Even though the cost of producing nonrenewable resources are low, these resources are not unlimited and it creates massive amounts of pollution. Using renewable resources can reduce the amount of pollution, and it is available around the world. Enforcing Environmental Protection can help reduce the spreading of pollution and can save the wildlife around us. More animals would be saved and less illnesses would spread.

Pollution is contaminating the water we drink, the food we eat, and it is one of the causes of infertile land. More pollution means less edible food and water. Water is an essential in life, and no living things could survive without it. Pollution is also destroying the protection that Mother Earth has given us. The ozone layer of this planet is depleting, and the world is continuing to warm up everyday. According to the United Nations Environmental Programme, the depletion of the ozone layer can cause more skin cancers because the harmful UV rays burns our skin. If the ozone layer is diminishing, then more UV rays would come through and cause sunburns and skin cancer. Pollution has also increased global warming. The NRCD has mentioned that global warming is severe and can cause a lot of damage. The effects of global warming worsens temperatures, weather, and air. Enforcing environmental protection can help reduce these events. Environmental protection agency's objective is to help improve the environment in order to make the world a better place.

The world serves as a home that we live in, where all creatures can continue to thrive. Because of pollution, habitats that animals live in are going to be destroyed. Environmental Protection would decrease the amount of pollution in this world. Enforcing it would make the environment healthier and stronger. Changing simple things in our everyday lives can make a difference. Recycling, composting, and carpooling are just a few examples of how everyone could help our planet. The world is everyone’s home, and enforcing the protection of the environment can make the world a healthier place.

Sincerely, Phoebe