bayli n. California

Dear next president

What the president can do to help women in the U.S and what is happening.

There has been an ongoing problem with how women are treated in the United States. I believe that you the president can do something to fix it. The issue matters to the world because we the women are the ones being affected. I believe you could do something to it, for example have employers treat women equally in the workforce and/or public places. Another example of this could be women getting paid less than men when they work longer and harder then a man. Without a doubt in my mind this probably actually happened, And I think it is unfair.

Women supposedly have “the same rights and payroll as men” but I decided to prove to everyone that says that wrong. An article that I had read I found it says ““women generally earn less than men in almost every occupation (in 2012, female full-time workers made 77 cents for every dollar earned by men, a 23 percent gap) — because implicit and explicit stereotypes still exist”. In this article I couldn't believe how biased they are.They rather have men working because they are “harder” workers when that's not true. Women should be making the same amount as men because women sometimes even work hard than men. Men think they can just take advantage of women because of how perceived they are in the U.S. That's not right men are ranked higher because they are “men”not because they are better than a women at something.

In the workforce there are so many different reasons why women are not hired. In this article I read it said "...any distinction, exclusion or restriction made on the basis of sex which has the effect or purpose of impairing or nullifying the recognition, enjoyment or exercise by women, irrespective of their marital status, on a basis of equality of men and women, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural, civil or any other field." The article explains the reason why women are not hired. It's not right women should not be judged or not hired based on their status or their culture.

In conclusion I think you should make the world more aware of how women are still being treated. Also make the restrictions go away on why men don’t hire women or why women are judged on why they are the way the are or how they are represented. Looking at the evidence I hope you consider how you run the U.S and I hope you take into account how this will affect everybody. 

Sincerly, Bayli Beardsley

New Technology High School

American Studies

New Tech High's Junior class. This is a team taught US History and Literature class.