Cesar T. California

Drug Abuse

This is a letter about how drugs are bad. Kids using drugs and selling them to people. Kids join gangs and the gangs sell drugs to them.

I am writing you from Watsonville, California. I am currently a student in Lakeview Middle School and I am 12 years old. Are you going to stop drug abuse? I have noticed that there are a lot of people abusing drugs, including teenagers and below. Although our teachers tell us to not do drugs and that drugs are bad, they still do drugs. Most of the kids that use drugs smoke marijuana. By smoking marijuana kids can get lung cancer at a very young age. Kids can also get memory loss. 

According to https://www.drugabuse.gov, "U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The Health Consequences of Smoking—50 Years of Progress. A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health; 2014."

I think that kids should stop using drugs because it ruins their brain and how they are going to be as an adult. A lot of people that use drugs and become drug addicts, they could become poor and homeless when they become adults. A lot of kids at my school smoke marijuana and are in gangs. Gangs are also bad and most gangs sell drugs. The kids at my school are 12 or 13 years old. They are young and they made the decision to do drugs. They also sell drugs. A dog comes to our classes every once in a while and he smells our backpacks to check if we have drugs. When the dogs does not come the kids put drugs in a bottle and then spray the bottle with deodorant so it won't smell. 

Respectfully, 

Cesar T