Sydney S. California

Abortion is a choice to a woman and her own rights.

Abortion should stay legal to women and a woman's choice to decide the best decision for herself.

A woman has her own rights to decide whether to abort her baby because abortion gives a woman her decision on what is best for her and there are situations where abortion is necessary. 

If aborting a woman’s baby is the best choice for her, then a woman should have her own decision on aborting her baby. Abortion can give many benefits and second chances to women. “This argument reminds us that even in the abortion debate, we should regard the woman as a person and not just as a container for the foetus. We should therefore give great consideration to her rights and needs as well as those of the unborn”(U.S Abortion Statistics). This evidence shows that abortion protects a woman and her decision to keep her baby or not. A woman is a human also, and has her own feelings regarding whether or not to keep her own baby. Therefore, abortion should stay legal, protecting a woman’s right.

There are many situations where abortion is necessary for a woman. An example of a situation where abortion is needed, is when a women gets raped and gets pregnant. It is the woman's choice to abort her baby. If abortion is illegal and the woman has no choice but to keep her unwanted baby, her quality of life will not be the same due to an incident that was not her fault. “No, you’re not welcome here; you’re not welcome here. That was the thought at that moment was if you were pregnant, you were not safe. And that was what was still on my mind when I woke up the next day”(Reid).This quote is from Nicole Cooley, a woman who was raped and became pregnant. She felt that becoming pregnant was going to ruin her window of opportunities in life. With the option of abortion, a women has a chance of getting her quality of life back.

Although abortion violates many religions such as Judaism and Christianity, abortion does not have to be forced on anyone. Abortion should stay legal to women who are considering if abortion is best for her. “Based on available state-level data, an estimated 954,000 abortions took place in 2014—down from approximately 983,000 abortions in 2013 and 1.02 million abortions in 2012”(unknown). This evidence shows that many women still use abortion. Therefore, abortion is chosen by women who believe that abortion is the best choice for them.

In conclusion, abortion should stay legal to women. Abortion gives women opportunities to decide what is best for her. Whether or not if you support this idea, no one can control a woman and her decision whether or not to abort her own baby. 

Thanks

Amy Reid - 700 Club Producer. "Nicole Cooley: Raped and Pregnant." CBN.com (beta). N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2016.

N.p., n.d. Web.

"U.S. Abortion Statistics." Facts About Abortion:. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2016.

Diablo Vista Middle School

Zhebel - English 8

Zhebel - English 8