Macie M. Texas

Stop Abortion

Reasons why abortion shouldn't be legal.

Dear Mr./Madam President,

There is one topic in particular that I would like to discuss…. Abortion. Many people hear that word, and they say abortion is murder. In some cases abortion is necessary due to rape, a medical problem, etc. Although it’s based off of pro-life or pro-choice, most of the population is split down the middle with what they think. Abortion should come to a stop, and only be necessary for certain cases. Eliminate the choice to have one, make it illegal or banned. It’s important to eliminate abortions as soon as possible, because the children don’t have the option so neither should we.

Despite what most people might have seen in movies it’s not all just teenage pregnancies that result in abortion. I don’t think many people are aware of that, because teenagers have abortions when they’re too young to really understand what one is. The thing is it’s adults as well, they have abortions because they aren't ready or because they aren’t in a good financial state. If you’re are able to have a child, their life should not just be able to end without even starting. Yes it is able to be an option, but that choice should be eliminated. Although it is ultimately your choice to have an abortion which people take into consideration, you should stand up for unborn lives. Being pro-choice lets you be able to make your own decision over the topic, but most people feel it shouldn’t be one. 35% of teens worldwide terminate their pregnancy, and 18% of teens in the United States have an abortion. 47% of women or teens have had at least two abortions.

As I said before abortion is not a completely bad thing necessarily. Although it is a very sad topic sometimes it’s necessary. There is not really a distinct argument about if you should be pro-life or pro-choice, but most people know what’s right. People don’t just wake up and decide to get an abortion, it takes a longer thought process then just over night.

Pro-life, this is more of the understanding that I have came to over the past couple of days. I do support pro-life, because there is more advantages for us and our population. All lives matter even the unborn, they don’t have a choice in whether they live or die. Adoption is an option too, you don’t have to end an innocent life. Some states have made the decision to eliminate the option of abortion. Since the 1970’s there has been more than 58 million abortions, you should try to save a life, not end one. You can always try to make something work, even if it’s not always in your plan.

In your first 100 days as President I propose completely eliminating the option of pro-choice. Make abortion illegal unless it’s actually needed. Congratulations on your recent win for the majority vote of the United States, and I hope you take this into consideration.

Work Cited

"Abortions Often Have Complications and Serious Long Term Effects For Teens." Teen Breaks. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Nov. 2016

"Abortion." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 03 Nov. 2016.

@ApoeticTragedy. "ABORTION Is NOT EVIL, Nor “Wrong” & There’s No Wrong Way to Feel During or After." Truth A Right to Fight For. N.p., 18 Sept. 2015. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aboutcom-Civil-Liberties/213420115372527. "What Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice Supporters Believe." About.com News & Issues. N.p., 13 Oct. 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Plachno, By Larry. "Pro-Life Corner." ProLife Corner. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Cedar Valley Middle School

Ms. Collins' students

These are the wonderful ideas of my 8th grade students and their advice to the next President of the United States.