Andrea S. Washington

Planned Parenthood

I believe that in many cases, Planned Parenthood has saved lives and I do not think that it should be taken away due to one mans thoughts.

Dear Mr. Donald Trump,

While I support some of your statements and plans, I would like to change your mind on shutting down Planned Parenthood.

I do believe that some women take Planned Parenthood for granted in the aspect of getting abortions, but this program is a lot more to women than a place to safely get an abortion with proper medical attention. During research, I found that you said "abortion aspect of Planned Parenthood should not -- absolutely should not -- be funded” (CNN Politics). I appreciate that you have considered reviewing what Planned Parenthood does beyond abortions, but I do believe that abortions have helped many young adults and many families.

Prior to your statement, "I would look at the good aspects of it and I would also look because I'm sure they do some things properly and good, good for women, and I would look at that" (CNN Politics), I found that you were in favor of completely shutting down Planned Parenthood and that you highly disliked the program. I think that you now realize how much more they do for women, such as; providing birth control, consult for STD’s, and overall help women to respect their body’s.

I realize that you are against abortions, but I would like to try and change your view. I agree that sometimes abortions are not the only way to go, but sometimes they are needed in order to protect the health of the woman who is carrying the child. Some women are unable to carry a child and they can die during birth which is why they would get an abortion. Some women were taken advantage of and were not intending to have a child. In these cases, I do believe that abortions should not be taken away.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this letter.

Andrea Singstad

Lake Washington High School

2nd period Civics

LWHS