Anita A. California

Think Before You Act

Bullying occurs everywhere in our society but, there’s ways you can prevent it and spread awareness.

Hello, my name is Anita and I’m from a small town near San Francisco and I want to address an important issue on my mind. Each year in America over one third of our population gets decreased because of students getting bullied and then killing themselves. Every school has their flaws but, in some schools when one of ten kids drop out of school that’s an issue.

About 160,000 kids drop out of school/miss school each year due to the fear that the bullies are gonna hurt them.As you get older bullying can get better and worse because instead of physical bullying, bullies now like like to use social media to hate on you and post mean things about you.Physical bullying is at it’s worst point in elementary school and in middle and high school cyber bullying occurs more often than physical bullying.

Bullying is a way of life and it’s been around for thousands of years and it’s a way someone is messing with someone and you shouldn’t take it too seriously. On average most bullies pick on their peers because they have their own issues and they think that putting other people down is gonna help them. In some cases the bullies parents were alcoholics/drug addicts so, they didn’t have a safe environment to grow up in.In conclusion, all types of bullying are hurtful to people and bullying can affect the way the victim thinks about them self thinking they aren’t worthy and shouldn’t exist.  

Thanks for your time and have a wonderful day,

Anita A

John. "Facts About Bullying." Home. N.p., 14 Aug. 2014. Web. 08 Nov. 2016.

Diablo Vista Middle School

Zhebel - English 8

Zhebel - English 8