Julia Wisconsin

Cyber Bullying

The president should somehow make a way to stop cyber-bullying. There are many teens and kids that get bullied in school and on social media. We might ignore the amount of people that get cyber-bullied each year, but the amount is increasing each year. With the rise of bullying the past few years, 4,400 teens have committed suicide. This is one of the reasons why the bullying should stop. Some people, they don't know how to try and stop the person that is bullying them. So because of this, the person that is being bullied, might not be able to stand this anymore and decide to commit suicide. This is the top most reason why teens, especially, decide to kill themselves. This issue must and better be addressed because teens are being made fun of at school. 

Another reason why the bullying, of any type, should stop is because school is supposed to be a safe place for students, not a humiliating place. Some teens are afraid of coming to school because of all the bullying and being made fun of at school. The child that stays at home might not want to be coming to school anymore, but there parents don't know what is happening in school, not unless their child tells them. In most situations, parents don't know that their child doesn't want to go to school anymore because of the bullying. I understand why the child wouldn't want to go to school no more. If I would of been bullied, lucky I haven't, I would come home that day, tell my parents. I would literally want to move out of this school or just plain old easy, get home schooled. My parents would probably tell me that this won't happen anymore, but imagine all the teens that get picked on everyday. It is sad to hear and see the people that you know getting picked on around you. You sometimes feel afraid that if you step in, you might also get picked on along with your friend that gets picked on every single day. Truly, if I would of stood up for someone that is getting picked on, I would walk over to where the bullying is and I would stand up for the person that is getting bullied. Would you rather stand up for your friend that gets bullied mostly everyday, or just watch and wait to see what happens and do nothing? I personally, would stand up for not only myself, but also my friend that has been getting bullied when ever he/she is at school. I would rather have the person bullying me, than having the same person bullying the other for several days in a row! I can imagine the pain towards the person getting made fun of everyday! 

Cyber-bullying,of any kind, can seriously affect the mental health, academic work, and also certainly the physical health of children who are targeted. The teens that get bullied every time might struggle in school, drop out or miss several days, have poor grades, and/or start using alcohol and drugs. This could lead to harming themselves and not having the same personality as they used to before all the bullying. The purpose of my letter is to convince the future president and somehow find a way to stop all the bullying around us. Not only the word "bullying" but also any threats that people often that a perpetrator does to a victim. This will occur to be a problem because when you had good grades, all of a sudden, they all dropped to a grade that maybe you, yourself, weren't expecting. This ruins the learning of the person getting bullied and then they won't and are not going to be able to take it anymore. Once this happens, this is where the serious problems occur to the person bullied. If we see someone bullying another person, try to stop and prevent it from happening again. Don't just stand and stare. How would you feel if you were in the "getting bullied" persons' shoes?    

In conclusion, people should treat others like they want to be treated. If this happens, life will be so much easier and better. In fact, other people think that this situation is non-stoppable, which is false. If we work all together, and try stopping the bullies, there wouldn't be much bullies out there. Everyone should stand up for not only themselves, but also everyone around them! 

De Pere Middle School

Kleveno Block 1

This group is for students in Block 1.