Kayla B. California

Should sex ed be added to daily education

Sex ed should be added to daily education. Because there is such a large percentage of under age pregnancies, HIVS/STDS etc.

I believe that Sex Ed is a very important topic. Because there are only 33 states that require public schools to teach HIVS/AIDS. And 19 states that require school districts that teach about the dangers of sex. But I personally think that if you added more sex ed classes to school curriculum's. If we added sex ed to daily education less teenagers wouldn't have miscarriages, abortions, pregnancies at a young age, and or diseases etc. The point of sex ed is to teach teenagers about the dangers of sex, but if most schools in the united states don't have sex ed how can teenagers know about the dangers.

To fix this we should add more websites to the internet explaining what the important's of sex are, and or teaching us how to stay away from having sex. And I also think that we should add sex ed to each school curriculum's, to give students more information of the dangers of the dangers and how to stay safe. “In 2014 about 249,078 babies were born to teens of 15-19 years, with the birth rate of 24.2 per 1000 teen girls in this age group.” as mentioned in the excerpt (Finding Common Ground) Teens have the right to live a healthy life . Reports show that each year in the U.S. teens experience as many as 850,00 pregnancies. And youth under age of 25 experience about 9.1 million sexually transmitted infections.

So for these reasons I believe that Sex Ed should be added to daily education. Because it would help a lot of the percentages of under age pregnancies go down. Not to mention the percentages of HIVS/STDS and Abortions would go down too. Hopefully you can find some agreement to my concern. And can fix the situation.

Sincerely,                                                                                                                                                                   Kayla Banks

Health Science Middle School

Health Sciences Middle School

Our young writers share their passion, questions, and solutions with you in hopes of creating a more positive and powerful dialogue during this electoral season.