Joe Minnesota

Racism and Discrimination is real

Racial inequality is a huge issue, only getting bigger.

Dear Mr. President 

When you look at all the people of the United States, do you see everyone as equal? I'm guessing you don't, even so, you should because everyone is equal on the inside and out. Digging into this topic a lot more and I saw just how much harder not only black lives, but all other types of minorities have it. I ask you Mr. President, how are you possibly going to end the discrimination and racism in America?

Martin Luther King Jr. said "I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a world where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." MLK took a stance to discrimination over 50 years ago, yet it still is a problem to this day.  It is just as bad too, black people are still getting shot in the street by cops and other people solely because of their skin color. You, as president, should make it so every single human being has the same rights and are all equal.

The biggest thing that needs to change are the amount of police shooting on black people. This is a growing problem and it is only going to get worse unless you take a stance on it. According to CNN, "38 fatalities of police officers from January 1st through August 26th represents a 58% increase over the 24 fatalities in cop shootings for the same period in 2015." This proves that cop shootings are on the rise. As president I think you should find a way to decrease police deaths. A huge problem that will make fixing this difficult, the amount of bias on the streets. Our community is broken up into two groups, whites and blacks and our community will favor one race. There is a history of violence between the police and the black community which causes them to have a feeling of danger more than the white community.

Mr. President you have the power to fix this inequality. 

Sincerely, Joe B