Erica P. Oregon

Equal Pay

Women should be paid the same amount of money as men for the same work.

I think that women should receive equal pay for the same work as men. If both genders are doing the same amount of work then it's only fair to pay them the same. Women should not get paid less or more because of their gender. Everyone should be paid for how they preform in the workplace.

I think it is unfair that women can still legally be paid less then men. Some companies believe the government shouldn't get in the way of how they pay their employees, but I think that in this case of equal rights it is ok. Not giving women the same amount of money as men for the same amount of work takes us back a long time in history. Genders should be equal. If someone isn't working as much as others they should be the one getting paid less no matter their gender. 

This is the 21st century, everyone should be treated as equals. As the president you have a big a say in what will happen in this situation. I truly believe equal pay should be enforced.  No matter what gender, race, or sexual orientation you have you should be paid the same if you are doing the work.

Kennedy Middle School

Henderson Period 3 Social Studies

What's important to you? This is a forum to write about the issues that matter to YOU!