Sydnee F. Oregon

Gun control is a big issue in our country and we need to find a compromise of laws and regulations that are fair.

I'm am writing to you about gun control in our country. Gun control has become a huge issue and we can't agree on set laws and regulations, but that can change with you. Your legacy as President should be how our country is safe and we still have the right to bear arms. To do so we must come up with laws and regulations that are fair and create a safe environment. A few of the topics these laws and regulations need to cover are: 

• Who can purchase guns?
  • Who can sell guns?
  • Where/When can you carry guns?
  • What types of guns can you have?
  • What are the requirements in order to purchase a gun?
  • What happens to someone when they break the gun laws and/or regulations?
  • And more

My personal thoughts on these are that citizens that are mentally stable and have a clean record may purchase guns, but they also have to go through a certain list of requirements that the person selling the gun(s) must have them go through. Citizens selling guns should need a current legal document explaining that they may sell gun(s). I also think there needs to be a regulation of how many guns you may purchase in a certain amount of time, and how many guns a single person may own. We need to have a line drawn between just owning guns and owning guns for sport, because there is a very big difference. 

These are a few of my ideas and opinions, but I'll leave the rest up to you. Thank you for your time and I hope you consider fixing this issue of gun control in our beloved country.

Sydnee

Kennedy Middle School

Henderson Period 3 Social Studies

What's important to you? This is a forum to write about the issues that matter to YOU!