Joanna Johnson Louisiana

Reduction on Gun Violence.

For the past few years, gun violence has become more and more out of control. Gun violence occurs all over, from schools, to churches, to even downtown areas. I, along with millions of other Americans, are wondering what you would do about it.

Dear Future President of the United States,

Gun violence has been a major issue here in the United States. Everyday, someone either dies from suicide, an assault, or by police intervention. A high majority of the violent acts are committed with the use of guns and assault weapons. I, along with many other Americans, are curious about how you will take action to this form of violence.

Many people everyday are either harmed or killed by gun violence. Everyday, 90 people of all ages are killed by either assault, suicide, unintentionally, or by police intervention. The U.S. firearm homicide rate is 20 times higher than the combined rates of 22 countries that are our peers in wealth and population. It's heartbreaking, turning on the news and finding out that another group of people were shot and/or murdered. We, the American people, are all wondering on how you will handle the matter of gun violence.  

In conclusion, we Americans are hoping you will handle the reduction on gun violence. We hope you reduce the numbers of murders and shootings in this country. We also hope that you make this country a lot safer. 

Joanna Johnson  

Delta Charter School

DCS Civics

Delta Charter School Civics Classes