Rasha B. Louisiana

Gun Violence

Did you know guns play a major role on the death rate across the nation?

DearFuture President ,

Gun Violence in the United States has been a major issue that needs to be controlled. People are being killed everyday from guns. There have been miscellaneous cases of people being killed by a gun. Can you imagine losing a innocent love one?

According the the Brady Campaign , which was designed to stop gun violence in America , " Every year over 111,000 people in America are shot in murders, assaults , suicides and suicide attempts , unintentional shootings , or by police intervention". 90 people die from gun violence everyday: 31 are murdered and 56 kill themselves.There has been 475 mass shootings in the past year of 2015. 13,286 people were killed and 26,819 were wounded.

Future president, one major cause of this issue is the easy access. In order to solve this issue we need to revise stricter gun laws so people can't get a hold of them so easily. Also, maybe there should be longer waiting period before actually getting the gun. Why? because many people are so eager to get a gun , or to own a gun . The fact of waiting will throw many people off , and make them not even want the gun anymore because of the waiting period. We can and must end the outbreak of gun violence.  

Delta Charter School

DCS World History

Delta Charter School World History class