Adonay Massachusetts

DRUGS

This is my letter on how drugs need to be talked about more.

Dear next president, 

I think that drugs are a pressing issue on today's society.   I think that the idea of drugs has been misconstrued by many people. When drugs are brought up most people think negatively when in fact drugs can and do help people cope with pain. It also helps people with certain issues that involve interactions with other people and with anxiety and other things as well. Although people do use drugs for recreational use which to me personally is not a big deal depending on the substance. I have grown up around friends that part take in substance abuse and they are still my friends like most teenagers that do drugs, they smoke cannabis.

I personally do not do any drugs as many of my teachers already know I am weird enough. However, other drugs such as crack, meth, and other extreme drugs should be forbidden. I only agree with the use of cannabis because I see drugs as a chemically altered stimulant which cannabis is not.   Cannabis is a plant that grows like a flower or anything in nature. I think that the war on drugs is a big topic that should be talked about nearly everywhere.   Schools should give informational meetings or classes that discuss the use and side effects of drugs. 

Best,

Adonay