Michelle Y. Wisconsin

Immigrants

Immigrants should get high-wage job opportunities.

Immigrants have helped Americans keeping many kinds of low-wage jobs in the United States. When we make it difficult for talented, high-skilled immigrants to stay and cooperate with our economy, we’re weakening our economic competitiveness. If people put themselves in other's shoes, they would understand and wouldn't be too selfish. If we could open our eyes and accept who they are, every ethnicity would contribute well with each other. 

In our economy, we are partners with people who have different ethnicity. This shows that if we can contribute with others out of state, then it means we can accept the immigrants. In this country, everyone has learned the phrase, “treat others like how you want to be treated," but many people don't care and being too judgmental, which causes issues in society. In order to create a united society and community, we should give the immigrants high-wage jobs.  

About 75 percent of Americans think that immigrants are dangerous in the United States. As reported by nonprofit Immigration Policy Center, violent crime rates nationwide have declined more than 34 percent, and the crimes against property dropped more than 26 percent since 1994. In 2016, the Bipartisan Policy Center estimates that there would be benefits in economic growth such as boosting gross domestic product by 4.8 percent and productivity by 1 percent, increasing U.S. employment and raise wages, and so much more if we pass immigration reform.

If there could be benefit changes on immigrants' jobs or acceptance of immigrants in high-payment jobs whether they are illegal or legal, I guarantee that it would bring lots of benefits into our economy, society, and community now and in the future.