Nathan D. Michigan

High College Tuition

The cost of college for students is way too high, and needs to be lowered to help students receive the supplies necessary to apply them self in school.

Image found by https://trends.collegeboard.org/college-pricing/figures-tables/net-prices-income-over-time-private-sector

The cost of college for students is way too high, and needs to be lowered, it is your job, as the leader of this country to increase the funding for public colleges, to help students receive the supplies necessary to apply them self in school.

In 1970, a year of college tuition only cost $1,207. Now the average one year tuition is $32,405 for private colleges, and $9,410 for public colleges. The average American makes $52,000 a year, which after bills, food, and general expenses you would not have enough money to pay for college.

With the current rate that tuition cost is rising, it will cost $186,400 to go to a two year

community college. This needs to be changed because students can't afford these outrages prices, they will have to pay loans back there whole entire life.

Although, some may say that colleges have the right to make their colleges tuition as high as they want, because we have a free market enterprise. But, having high college cost will eventually will scare people off, and get rid of the idea of going to college in general. If we don’t have an affordable college system, we will eventually run out of qualified people because they couldn’t afford the crazy high college prices.

It’s your job, as the leader of our nation, to lower the cost of college in America, so that more people can afford to go to college, and fulfill the American dream.

Nathan D.

Avondale High School

Avondale High School

Honors English 10