Natalia R. Minnesota

Child Abuse

We have to put a stop to child abuse. Too many kids are dying due to it.

There are many kids getting abused all around the world. We have to put a stop to it. No kid deserves to be getting abused.

For the past centuries, laws have failed to protect kids from abuse. In the 1870s child abuse got the world’s attention. An orphan named Mary Ellen Wilson was 8 years old and was getting abused. She would get whipped and beat at her orphan house. In 1962 child abuse got the world’s attention again. There was an article published describing symptoms of abuse. 

1,500 kids die each year due to child abuse. Children shouldn’t be living like this. There are 3 million cases made for child abuse. In 2014, 1,580 kids died from child abuse. Every 5 seconds a kid dies due to child abuse.

We could make this change by making better laws. We should teach people to notice the symptoms of child abuse. We could prevent children from going through this.

We need to give kids more protection. We need to teach them to speak up if they are going through this. Innocent kids should not be getting abused for no reason.

After reading this letter, I hope you make changes. Children’s life could be better from now on. You should do everything you can to make this change.

Natalia Ramirez, 10th Grade

Mendota Heights, MN

Henry Sibley High School

Imm

Ms. Imm's American Lit classes