Dear, Sir or Madam
Abortion should stay legal. I have several reasons that I believe this:
1) Abortion is safer for the mother then giving birth.
2) Abortion controls overpopulation.
3) Abortion prevents infanticide.
4) Abortion prevents a rape survivor from further trauma.
5) Abortion prevents severely malformed babies from suffering.
Abortion to me is a sacrifice or even self defense in some cases, not murder. I feel in most cases abortion should be legal, but in small cases I would say abortion shouldn’t be allowed. For example, if the mom wants to abort her kid and there is nothing wrong with the child and giving birth would go fine, but she wants to abort it because she won’t be able to take care of it, it shouldn’t be allowed because she could just give the kid to adoption.
Abortion should stay legal for many reasons, but I can see why people would want to make abortion illegal. Because of this, it should only be used in extreme cases.