jack Minnesota

Medicinal Marijuana

MEdicinal marijuan shoul be used for medical help

Jack

McCormick

American lit

05 October 2016

Dear next president,

Medicinal marijuana helps cancer, aids, and glaucoma patients all over the world and that is only a small portion of diseases that medicinal marijuana helps. Medical marijuana should be legalized for the benefit of the american people.

Medicinal marijuana should be legalized so that we can have an effective medicine for patients that could be allergic to other medicines or could only be one of those people that is all organic and all natural. “Marijuana has been shown to alleviate symptoms of a huge variety of serious medical conditions including cancer, AIDS, and glaucoma, and is often an effective alternative to synthetic painkillers.” which means that medicinal marijuana has way more good things about it than bad things. Medical marijuana does not have symptoms such as ibuprofen which can cause stomach bleeding. You can not overdose medicinal marijuana but you can overdose on other synthetic pain killers.

Marijuana does not only need to to help adults but it can help children too. Marijuana is not only available in smoking form but it is also available in edible form such as cough drops and cannibutter.

“For many seriously ill people, medical marijuana is the only medicine that relieves their pain and suffering, or treats symptoms of their medical condition, without debilitating side effects.” which means that medical marijuana is not a drug but a medicine. This is what helped A child named Charlotte Figi who was suffering from seizures. She had her first seizure when she was only 3 months old and she was hospitalized by many others, often lasting up to 3 hours. By the age of 3 she was having up to 300 grand mal seizures a week. Her heart had stopped a number of times and at the age of of 5 the Figis knew that the hospitals were no longer able to help. She started out on a type of marijuana called r4 it was low in THC and high in CBD. They paid 800$ for 2 ounces of this r4. They extracted the oil and it saved the life of Charlotte Figi. That is why we should legalize medicinal marijuana. To save lives of many americans.

Mr/Mrs president I feel medical marijuana should be legalized in all states so that people with serious medical conditions can be helped and have less pain.

Jack B

Daniel McCormick

Grade 10

West St. Paul MN

Henry Sibley High School

McCormick

American Literature