Anjali P. Ohio

Human Trafficking

Human Trafficking laws need to be enforced more because no matter how hard we try this issue will not go away so its time we say enough and do something about it.

In today's generation when people speak of slavery, they think of a tragic event that took place in the past, but no one stops to think that slavery still does exist today in the form of human trafficking. As a matter of fact, there are four times as many slaves today than there were in 1860. What are you planning on doing to stop this slavery the same slavery that America vowed to abolish?

When a girl is trafficked and forced off to preform sexual acts without their consent and are caught out society throws then in jail and looks down on them but we never stop to think that maybe her supplier was threatening to hurt her family. While we throw the women in jail when a supplier is caught he or she is just given a fine a few days in jail and then set back into our society to continue their dirty deeds. Does this seem fair to you?

America is generally referred to the land of the free, but I don't agree with that statement. When you are in office please enforce more laws and prove to me that America really is the land of the free because its not right now. I think that if America really was the land of the free then we wouldn't have to be worried about being abducted and sold for sex. There should also be consequences for the parents of the victims because more times then others its close family and friends that sell the victim for money. When the people you trust the most are the ones endangering you then how will you ever bring yourself to trust anyone else especially law enforcement who make the mental torture that these victims are already going through worse. 

Human Trafficking is a problem that is only growing and people need to be educated about it. After hearing all the facts, ask yourself do you not feel the least bit obligated to help the helpless victims that have have no choice other than to offer up their bodies to complete strangers. A third of human trafficking victims are abused sexually, physically or both by either their purchaser or trafficker. Human Traffickers need to be taught a lesson so they don't ruin anyone's life by taking their humanity away. There are a lot of programs out there that help the victims of human trafficking, but there is still a lot that needs to be done and thats why I'm asking you as my president to make a change make a difference in  out lives. Like a famous quote goes “You can only sell a drug once, but you can sell a human being over and over”. If the supplier is set free then he or she will just continue selling over and over again.

Anjali Patel

Facing History New Tech High School

CTP 2017

Choose to Participate Seniors