Cancer Blues Michigan

Cancer Blues

Cancer needs to be a priority to cure and stop it from killing our human race.

October 1st through October 31st is breast cancer awareness month. It is a great time of the year to support everyone who has been or is still going through the struggle of breast cancer. But when you're raising money, you are raising the same thing over and over again which is giving people false hope. Yes, maybe some people do survive their cancer through chemotherapy and other treatments but what I'm saying is, where is the cure? Cancer, and not just breast cancer, dates back to 370 BC. And in that time being, If 7.6 million people were dying per year of cancer as they still are today around the world, that's almost twelve billion five hundred eighty-five million six hundred thousand people who have died from cancer alone. Now that's a lot of numbers and that's a lot of years. But again. What cure?

Forty. It can be a large number. But in the end it's still the number of children that are diagnosed with cancer every day in the U.S. according to the TTAC cancer awareness website. 35% of people who are diagnosed with cancer do not survive or have a long lived well life. I personally know almost three people in my life who have been diagnosed with some form of cancer. I hate to say it but I'm going to either have to watch them die or hopefully live without a cure. Will I be going to my two year old cousin’s wedding in the future with her being fully cured of cancer? Only if there is a cure. Two hundred and sixty organizations with 2.2 billion dollars spent on a test that “might” be the cure for cancer. Is the reason we don't have our answer because the government makes money off of people dying? Spend insurance money on chemo and end up feeding the cancer treatment into an existence of nothing.

What I'd like to see happen is for there to be a cure for cancer awareness month instead of individual cancer months for women to walk around while the money we raise goes to waste. Use the money for a cure and use it for more information on the disease. Give everyone the best cancer treatment so far whether they are poverty or middle class. I want you to save our people from the silent killer. I'm putting my trust in you sir/ ma’am. I hope to see a change and I'd appreciate the support.

Jenna Tucker