Wesley N. Alaska

Funding on Education

Education Funding would help the people who want to go to school.

Dear Future Mr. or Mrs. President

Funding for education is going down because most of the money is going to the military. Cutting a little portion from the military funding and putting it into the educational fund would be more adequate to the students who are attending school. Most students who are attending are not having much time in school because they do not have enough money to pay for the rest of the school year. When that happens the student may have to get a job and work through their entire school year and would not have enough time to work on their homework or other class work.

Funding for education is important for people because growing up we all learned that knowledge is power. Without knowledge, people in the world would not know what is right and what is wrong. Knowledge is the key to the working class world; without it, people would not have a job or even have enough to feed their families and themselves. They also would not have a roof over their heads. Knowledge is what keeps going in life with doctors, lawyers, presidents, armed forces, and so on. So without knowledge there would not be any of these job opportunities.

May jobs require college degrees, but they are expensive to obtain. The percentage of jobs that requires a college degree is about 65 percent. If the person wants to get a job with NASAA, the Court System, or a Scientist they must have a college degree with them to require them to have these jobs. Many people who were not born into a rich family have a hard time to find a school that is affordable for them.

Most of the federal budget is being spent on the military. Take 13 percent of that, then put it in the education funds. The money would be $460.3 billion and the educational fund would bump up to $9.1 billion. Even though taking this much money is a little less but it would help the people who are struggling with budget. This percentage would help them out because it would put down the college tuition costs. The schools that are most expensive is Yale and Harvard by putting government money into education, this would put down the price of their tuitions.

My claim is that education is hard to get for the people who have not much money in their name or do not have a high-paying job to help them get to their financial goals. Most of the people in the state do not have a college degree because they do not have enough money to pay for their college tuitions. So, helping fund the educational system would help them to go into college and have a good life with their families and themselves.

Wesley Nicolai

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/campaigns/military-spending-united-states/