Caryn A. California

Planned Parenthood

Women should have access to resources like safe abortions, and testing for STDs, along with other tools.

Dear the Next President,

One issue that is incredibly important to me is Planned Parenthood. I have been passionate about this topic for as long as I can remember. As the president of the United States, I hope you support Planned Parenthood and allow women to get the health care they need.

I think it is really important to give women the support and help needed to choose what they want to do with their body. I believe that the government should create abortion clinics and Planned Parenthood buildings. Women should have access to resources like safe abortions, and testing for STDs, along with other tools. Some people believe that Planned Parenthood buildings should be shut down and abortions should be illegal. However, this is unfair and sexist towards women. If a man and a woman have a one night stand and the woman becomes pregnant, it is unfair to put the entire burden on her to carry and deliver the child by herself, and raise and take care of it. If a girl has a teenage pregnancy, it is unfair to expect her to have the baby when she is focused on high school and her education, while the boy has no responsibility. It is not the government’s place to be dictating what a woman can or cannot do with her own body. Instead, the government should be providing resources so women can make the best and safest choice that fits their needs.

I have always disagreed with abortions, and I would never choose to get one, no matter what the circumstances may be, but that is my personal choice. Something as important as whether or not to bring another life into the world should be left up to the person carrying the child, not the government. It should be up to the woman to make the choice of giving the child life, with a potential of pain and suffering if it stays in the foster system or an orphanage for all of its childhood because the woman is not in a position to keep the baby, or to not bring the child into the world to prevent them from feeling the pain of being given away. The government should be supporting the women’s right to choose what they do with their body, and what they think the right choice if for the child. Forcing a woman to have a child when she is unable to provide for its well-being is unjust.

Caryn

Newbury Park High School

English 11IB period 2A

High school English IB course