Gannon T. California

Illegal Immigration in America

One of the most important topics discussed today in America is the concern with illegal immigration and how beneficial/negative it is to society.

I am writing this was with concern towards the topic of illegal immigration. In today’s society, illegal immigration is such a relevant topic and is common in most places around America. There is much skepticism on whether we should have these illegal immigrants kicked out of America or keep them in America to tend to the lower class jobs that most Americans won’t do. I take a very neutral stance with this topic, but I think it should be handled in a civil matter, no matter what the case may be.

Illegal immigrants are people that come into America without having any legal rights to live there, with no immigrant visa, usually people that make it by border patrol and come to America in search of a better lifestyle and money for their families back home.

There are a lot of positives and negatives that come along with the topic of illegal immigration. The main positive to having illegal immigrants in America is having them work the lower class jobs that few Americans are willing to work. A lot of the lower class jobs have to do with farming or gardening. Typically they are getting paid hardly any money, and it’s all under the table. However, the positive in this is that we are getting our food grown, so we can eat. Many believe that illegal immigration hasn’t caused any serious problems in America. It has actually opened a lot of options for illegal immigrants to help feed their families.

On the other side, some believe illegal immigration has caused a lot of downsides in America. One belief is that illegal immigrants are not legally allowed to be in America, and their mere existence here hinders society. Also, illegal immigrants could propose terrorist threats to America. Another issue is that some illegal immigrants smuggle drugs across the border and into America.

Seeing both sides of the equation calls for a lot of thought. Illegal immigration is one of the most highly talked about topics in America. Future President, it’s now your time to take a stand for what you believe in!

Gannon Tovey

Newbury Park High School

English 11IB period 2A

High school English IB course