matthew Georgia

GUN CONTROL

Do not disregard our civil rights.

The reason gun control matters to me is it´s my right to own a gun. If the government says that we can't own guns, then they can go look at the Bill of Rights. Also taking our guns won't reduce crime, it might even increase because of the people's outrage by the government taking their guns. If I were you, I would disregard all gun control laws.

The reason is because this country has had blood spilled on not only our land but in other ones to, and it was spilled so that our country can be free and have our given rights. If you are not familiar with the right I'm speaking of it's the 2nd amendment (right to bear arms). And every child born in this great country has all of the rights stated in the bill of rights. So I don't see how anyone can make a law restricting where an AMERICAN can carry their weapon. That is my reasoning for people being able to own/carry guns.

The evidence to support this is the revolutionary war. After the Americans were trying to get the British out of our country, we wrote the Bill of Rights. I'm asking you to allow AMERICANS to carry their weapons. Now people might think I’m biased because I live in the south and I'm used to seeing guns, but they're very wrong.  The reason I’m writing this is because I'm outraged that people are stupid enough not to think of what they're doing like giving up their second amendment without seeing all the facts.

Others might state that guns are the reason that many people die in America, and that no one should be allowed to own a gun. But what they fail to realize is that if someone owns a gun and is properly trained then there is nothing wrong with them owning a gun. Even you will benefit from people having a gun. During your term if someone attacks you, would you be safer if secret service didn’t have guns or did? Also what people don’t understand is that this country is defended by guns by our military.

In conclusion, if we get rid of non-criminal ownership of guns, an increase in crime and war will not be far behind. In order to keep this country safe we need guns to be allowed in the United States of America.