Bailey W. Georgia

Education Equality

Give children in the United States the right to the education they need and deserve.

Dear, next president

My name is Bailey Weaver and I live in Georgia. My request to you is to give children in the United States the right education they need and deserve. The “right education” meaning smaller class sizes to give one on one time with the teacher and student so that the student comprehends what he or she is learning. For instance, we need to work on what career the students plan on taking in the future. For instance according to, (LCA) Lanier  Career Academy they give many career pathways that give kids opportunities that can help them get on the right track to their future. Also they give the students to intern over the summer but that is only if they are chosen to participate. Another reason for this request is that it will help the economy. Meaning that if education isn't given it could cause problems with the community and our economy. Which could lead to poor living because there would be no jobs because no one would be going to school. Which has become too expensive and not affordable. Therefore, people don't go to college to be entrepreneurs so then there will be no jobs for the community to benefit the economy.

Education reform will help the economy. An improper education could cause problems with the community and our economy. This could lead to poor living conditions because there would be no jobs. This would be a result of citizens not going to college; it has become too expensive and not affordable. Therefore, people don't go to college to be entrepreneurs so there will be no jobs for the community to benefit the economy.

According to the article "Don't Cut Higher Education and Don't ask me to Pay More",  John Myers explains that colleges and universities are unwilling to pay additional taxes to solve the problem of affordable public educations. New surveys from the nonpartisan public institute of California finds that 74% of respondents, across of all political persuasions, believe that not enough is now being spent on higher education. The reason that 74% thinks that is because their once prized higher educated schools had a deep cut of $1.5 billion in the past year and are heading in the wrong direction. The reasoning for this would be that most residents are unwilling to pay for a higher taxes to maintain current funding. So in conclusion. we could raise money to find the funds that are needed for the funds that the school needs to improve their education.

On the other hand, an article written by Tina Barseghian titled “Why kids need schools to change,” states that parents would or want to make sure that their kids don’t fall into the ranks of the unemployed or disenfranchised young people who come back home because they can’t find a job. Also the article states that schools are scared of change and the assembly line system we have in place now has little relevance to what we know kids actually need to thrive. This shows that the right way for education is important and that means smaller class sizes for the children to have more one on one time with the teacher so that the student fully understands what he or she is learning. If we don’t start thinking about the kids and our futures,  there will be more schools that lose funding. As a result of this, our economy will drop and kids won’t have a proper education or proper living.

In conclusion, we need to come together and make change to the schools to produce better education for the kids. In doing that, we can better our community and benefit our economy.  I hope we can make this happen within the four years that you will be in the oval office.