Linda Ruelas Georgia

Childhood Obesity in America

Childhood Obesity in America has increased due to children and adolescents eating Fast Food 3 to 4 times per week.

Childhood obesity in the United States of America has increased due to the fact that children and teenagers go to fast food restaurants 3 to 4 times per week. According to the CDC, “Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and tripled in adolescents.” Fast foods have a huge impact on children and adolescents in the United States of America.

Fast food isn’t even food anymore. McDonald’s “McNuggets” is not chicken. According to the Centers for Disease Control, “Mechanically-separated meat” is a mixture created when the bones and carcass of a leftover chicken are mixed together in a food processor.” Do you still want the famous McNuggets from McDonald’s? Here’s more information: “This slime is then molded into a nugget shape, breaded and fried” This proves that most fast foods contain chemicals in them, and there’s many more examples and places other than McDonald’s.

However, people will argue that, “If you want to eat healthy food, but don't want to prepare it at home, you can order something healthy from a fast food restaurant. This could include oatmeal made with milk or a salad that has a variety of greens, vegetables, nuts and grilled chicken.” Which this is not true. If you order a salad almost anywhere their lettuce is not “freshly cut” they have added chemicals to almost anything you eat. Therefore, trying to eat “healthy” at a fast food restaurant is a lie because nothing is healthy, why not just prepare it yourself? Also, people say, "Fast food offers convenience. If you are busy running the kids from practice to practice or you are running late for a meeting skipping meals may seem like the thing to do but the reality is not eating is far worse than eating fast food." Therefore, the solution is to pack lunch or healthy snacks before you go to work or anything.

Diseases in the United States of America has increased due to the fact that children and teenagers go to fast food restaurants 3 to 4 times per week. So, future president, you have to help us eat healthier! For example, create an atmosphere where Fast Food companies must cook real fresh food without chemicals and reduce the calories in the food. If we accomplish this, our health rates will be better and kids won't be as obese as they are today.