Alexa M. Georgia

Kill The Death Penalty

About that... I would like for you to put a stop to the death penalty.

Would you like to see a relative who was innocent of a crime die? Death penalty is horrible and many innocent people die from it every year. It’s a bad thing that people who may have disability’s die when they could get help and that’s the problem.

According to Russ Feingold, “Since the reinstatement at the modern death penalty 87 people have been freed from death row because they were innocent.” And this needs to happen more. It’s not fair that innocent people or people that have problems they can’t help get killed every year.

When the punishment is death then we need to make sure we know everything about the person before killing them. “When the consequences are life and death, we need to demand the same standard for our system of justice as we would for our airlines... It is a central pillar of our criminal justice system that it is better that many guilty people goes free than that one innocent should suffer... Let us reflect to ensure that we are being just. Let us pause to be certain we do not kill a single innocent person. “ -Russ Feingold. It’s a situation that you can ban future president. You can start with Georgia and then move on banning it in every state. People could be mentally ill and need help that die every year. But I know you could change that.

On the other hand you could be thinking why should someone who took someone else’s life be able to live? Yes they will be dreaded with guilt the rest of their life, but that doesn’t mean that if they are mentally ill be fixed. Many people who are mentally will kill themselves after killing someone because they don’t want to live with the pain and the guilt on their back.

It’s so important because you are talking about someone’s life. They could experience so much more stuff. But when an innocent person or mentally ill person gets killed and a guilty person gets let go it’s just not right. Do you know something that takes people’s lives and ruins family’s life’s forever? Death penalty. Please put a stop to it Future president.

Alexa M