Tanner K. Iowa

Immigration Reform

Outlining my concerns regarding immigration policies in the face of increased terror threats.

Dear President of the United States,

I am writing to you on behalf of millions of United States' citizens about the topic of terrorism. We are tired of walking down the street in our hometown and having to worry about terror right around the corner. The United States should be a place where we feel safe, not scared. This is our home. We need to start thinking about Americans first.

I feel as if we should be very cautious about who we let into our country this day in age. My reason for saying this is because with the increase in terror around the world you never know where and when terror strike. This is why I think we should use extreme vetting on every person that is immigrating to our country. If the person who wants into our country does not have enough background information, they quite simply should not be allowed into our country.

I realize that not letting immigrants into our country is not the humanitarian thing to do; however, I think we should delay immigration for the time being. We need to ensure safety for every individual in the United States before we worry about others. I also realize there is always going to be terror and some of the terror we face today is home-grown. Even though it may be impossible to stop all terror and save every life, we still have the power to try to prevent terror on our home soil.

With all of that said, I think we should temporarily shutdown mass immigration. We need to know as much as possible about each person entering our country. Statistics show that 12% of all murders in the United States are committed by illegal immigrants. It is really too bad that a few people ruin it for everyone, but we need to take the right precautions to ensure safety to American citizens. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Tanner K.