Matt H. Missouri

My Perspective on Immigration

First off, congratulations for wining the presidency.  I'm sure that you'll be an amazing president. Immigration in the United States is a problem because immigrants bring disease, hurt our economy , and they possibly put our lives at risk with their culture and habits that they have grown accustomed to. For instance, a man named Dong Lu Chen beat his wife to death with a claw hammer because she was having an affair. Mr. Chen is an immigrant from China, and in their culture it is legal to kill your wife for being unfaithful.  Mr Chen got probation for something that someone from the United States would have spent the rest of their life in prison for without the possibility of parole. This is wrong because we're allowing immigrants to have special rights and privileges that American born citizens are not allowed to have.

On the other hand, it would be unethical to discriminate against people just because of their culture. Public schooling is also an issue because immigrants don't have an American education from their home country and some rely on America to provide an education for immigrants. 

However, immigrants do more bad than good and should at least be monitored. Immigrants cause economic problems such as the amount of wealth the American people have, the amount the American dollar is worth, and taking jobs away from American people. Immigrants are also sometimes in gangs in their home countries and come to America just to recruit for their gangs. Schooling is also an issue because people from different countries can't speak English and might need the schooling that the government can't afford. 

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this and i hope you take all this into consideration.

Matt H.