Garrett R. Virginia

Illegal Immigration

Illegal Immigration is a huge problem in the United States today. Its cost tax payers much more money than they should be paying, and it puts american citizens in danger.

Dear Mr./Mrs. President,

I hope all is well. My name is Garrett Robinson and I attend Eastern View High school in Culpeper Virginia. I have thought long and hard about the Illegal immigration policies in our dear country, and it is a huge issue.

Illegal immigration is single handedly ruining the United States. We need to take action and put this problem to a stop. It has nothing to do with being a racist or hating hispanic people, it is just what is best for the nation. If immigrants want to come to our country, then come legally and become a citizen of the country and there will be no problem.

We need to prioritize the job of the americans, wages of the americans, and security of the americans. Illegal immigrants are a hazard in our nation. Since 2013, 300,000 illegal criminals have been allowed into United States communities. That is a major problem for all united states citizens and that is why Donald Trump wants to build a wall on the border between America and Mexico to prevent all the illegal travels. The vast majority of illegal immigrants sneak across the border between America and Mexico and that is an area that needs to be kept more tightly guarded by the American people.

Illegal immigrants cost taxpayers over 300 billion dollars per year. They also use a type of non cash system like welfare or food stamps. It is just not fair that they come to our country and use our resources to their advantage when most of them are criminals, and they don’t even belong to our country. Without the immigrants here, American taxpayers would have a lot more money to spend on something they could actually use.

Garrett

Eastern View High School

AP Language & Composition

AP Language & Composition students (11th grade) from Eastern View High School in Culpeper, VA are tasked with researching platforms, crafting political cartoons or pieces of satire, and writing letters and op-eds