Tiff Iowa

Agriculture

I am from the wonderful state of Iowa. Iowa is a great state with a rich history of people becoming successful. Our nation faces a problem found in all fifty states, a problem that has and or will effect us all. The problem that I am talking about is the loss of farmland due to construction and development. Today, we need to preserve the farmland, so we are able to feed the people that live here.

According to the American Farmland Trust, 40 acres of farmland are being destroyed each hour, or 960 acres a day and 350,400 acres a year. Once these acres are gone, there is no getting them back. So, you might be wondering does this much land make a difference? YES! We live in a day and age when there are more mouths to feed than ever before. We all want to see world hunger end, but yet we are turning our land with the means to feed us into a cities. It is simple, no farms equal no food.

By working together, we can stop the disappearance of the irreplaceable natural resource and save the land around us. We need to do this, not only for the prevention of ourselves but to preserve the future of our nation, to preserve the planet we can call home and to preserve the future of the great thinkers and doers of tomorrow. I leave the solution to this difficult problem in the hands of the American people under the guidance of you as a leader and representative of the world and glorious country.

Thank you, 

Tiffanie K.