ED Iowa

Gun control will take away our right to defend ourselves.

Gun control will take away our right to defend ourselves. We have a right to own a gun and protect ourselves. The Second Amendment was part of the Bill of Rights that was added to the Constitution on December 15, 1791. This amendment protects the rights of citizens to "bear arms" or own weapons such as guns.

The people who own guns will be affected the most. They can’t defend themselves if they don’t have guns. Somebody could try to harm them or hurt them and if they don’t have anything to protect themselves with it would end very badly. A large problem with gun control is that gun control does not reduce crime and murder rates, but it actually stimulates them and makes them rise.

Why you should care about this? The second amendment was added to let the people protect themselves from the tyrannical government. If you take guns away how can you protect yourself? On Friday October 19, 2016 a man and his wife were sitting in the McDonald's parking lot in Sioux Falls, SD. A robber opened their door and started hitting the victim. The victim pulled out his concealed gun and shot the man. If he wouldn’t have had that gun, his car would have been stolen and there’s no telling what would’ve happened to the victim.

More shootings have happened in the last year than ever before. There is a shooting somewhere in the U.S. almost every day. I do think that some people shouldn’t have guns. If you have some sort of mental disability you should not own a gun. Gun stores should provide background checks on the people that they are selling too.

In conclusion, I think that taking guns away won’t stop crime. It will just make it worse. If you take away our guns you take away our second amendment right to protect ourselves.