dakota W. Oklahoma

Letter to the Next President

I want to congratulate you on your victory over the lesser opponent that wasn’t worth your time. Once again I would like to say good job Mr. Donald Trump. I’m sorry that I was not old enough to vote for you but if I could I would have. One problem I’d like to address is the problem with the amount of security we are lacking and the amount of terrorism. I read some articles about your plans and this is what I got.

Dear Mr. President

What did it say? "We are now at war," Trump said, adding: "We have a president who doesn't want to say that." What does it mean? That we are in a battle with people coming over the border. Why does it matter ? They are being employed by people and taking jobs from America. What did it say? Trump says we must first "determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses." Until then, "our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that ... have no sense of reason or respect for human life." What does it mean? We have to understand what we are fighting against before we can do anything. Why does it matter? Because we can’t figure out a way to fight it before we know what we are fighting. What does it say? Nihad Awad, director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said Trump "and others are playing into the hands" of the Islamic State terrorist group, also known as ISIS. "This is exactly what ISIS wants from Americans: to turn against each other." What does it mean? Nihad Awad, director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said Trump "and others are playing into the hands" of the Islamic State terrorist group, also known as ISIS. "This is exactly what ISIS wants from Americans: to turn against each other." Why does it matter? Because we can’t allow other countries and their people to tell us how to run our country

The second article I read pulled these three quotes and responded. What did it say? ides have not said if Trump’s plan is under review because it appears politically unpalatable with moderate Republicans, or because forced deportations of millions of people would be prohibitively expensive and probably logistically impossible. What does it mean? That it is going to be very expensive and practically impossible. Why does it matter? Because if you’re going to go about doing something especially in government you need to have a estimate on how much money you need and if it is even possible. What did it say? “Immigration and Customs Enforcement deported 235,413 people last year, down from a record high of 409,849 in 2012, according to ICE records”. What does it mean? Less people are being deported. Why does this matter? He wants to deport millions of people but the amount of people being deported are dropping. What did it say? By way of comparison, U.S. military spending this fiscal year is expected to reach $598.5 billion, more than half of all federal discretionary spending. What does this mean? U.S. is spending a lot of money on military. Why does this matter? U.S spends $598.5 billion on military that could be spent on something else.

My final article gave me this information. What did it say? "I don't care about them," Trump told CNN when asked about denunciation of the idea by GOP leaders. "I'm doing what's right." What does this mean? He plans on doing what he thinks is right. Why does this matter? He is someone who feels strongly about his opinion and will do what he thinks is right. What did it say? "This is a president who was highly respected by all," Trump said Tuesday. "If you look at what he was doing, it was far worse." referring to Franklin Roosevelt during WWII. What does this mean? That he thinks putting them in camps is wrong put not allowing to put the country in the position to have to do that. Why does it matter? Because he's speaking out about the position of America. What did it say? "We are now at war," Trump said, adding: "We have a president who doesn't want to say that." What does this mean? We are battling muslims all over the world. Why does it matter? Because not just muslims are terrorist but a large amount of terrorist are muslims.

I hope that I have not wasted your time that you could be doing stuff that deals with government instead of reading this but I am glad you read it. I hope that you were serious about everything you said during your campaign and that you are going to fix all the problems you pointed out. Another thing I did not mention is my stance on abortion. I disagree with it at any stage except in the case of rape and that’s only if they get the procedure done in the early stages of the pregnancy. I could go on and on but I feel like this should not be used as a form of birth control. I feel as though without a proven case of rape anyone to choose to murder a baby at any age should spend time behind bars. Once again I would like to congratulate you on your victory and thank you for your forfeiting of your time as a normal citizen to go into office and serve as the United States of America. I admire that you would take this honor and I hope that you can uphold the oath that you have taken to go into office. So thank you one final time Mr. President for wanting to serve as our commander in chief and the best of luck to you.