MAILIN California

Children Emigrated to the U.S Illegally.

Many children are emigrating from their countries to U.S because they are suffering.

I’m an immigrant student. I came to United States because in my home country doesn’t have opportunities to have a better life and I want to have a good life. I have goals, goals that I want to complete. I got suffered in my country . My mom and grandma work hard to keep our home safe. When I was 5 years old my mom left my brother and me with my grandma and she emigrated to US. While my mom was working and trying to get a good job and good pay to maintain us living well , I was living with my grandma. My grandma had a glorieta. She sold food . Sometimes I went to work with her because she could not leave me at house by myself because there were many men that abuse children. I had to work with her instead.

I started working and studying at the same time. I woke up 5:30 o’clock in morning. I got to in school at 12:00 P.M. I helped my grandma while the time to go school was approaching. We closed the glorieta at 8:00 or 9:00 P.M. I didn’t lived my childhood playing or watching the T.V. all the time. I just play when I do not have nothing to do, in school during break, or in night when the day has finished. I like to work , but I also want to play a live my childhood like a normal kid not spending the majority of my time working. I missed my mom I pass 7 years without seeing her.

When I was 13 years old I immigrated to the United States with my brother. We came illegally and by our own with a coyote.

In coming to United States we experienced bad moments, but now we are here and we are studying to not go back to a poverty life we want to study and be someone important in life . Many kids does not get an education and they can't work. Then they get into gang and drugs. Sometimes they don't want to get in the gangs then they are killed because they don't do what the gangs wants them to do. The majority of these kids came to U.S because they are afraid of all this violence and want to escape and leave all this suffered in the past and start a new life by getting an education to have opportunities and have a good life and be someone important . We came to have a better future. We do not want to be bad people. We want to work hard to have education, a family and live in peace.

The article “ More Kids Are Coming Into U.S Illegally On Their Own”; say “many kids are teenagers. Many said they are fleeing violence from gang and drug dealers. They are also trying to get away from abuse , sometimes by their own family members.”I think you should think about this and try to help the kids that are here, because they suffer in their countries. You should look for a way that does not affected this kids and the economy or the country’s stability. What if the children that are fleeing from gangs go backs to their country, what do you think that will happened to them? Or think about your sons or daughters , you always will want the best for them. Many parents want the best for their children too. Give us an opportunity to demonstrate our skills ,our dreams, goals; give us the opportunity to have a better life.

I hope you takes the better decision for all this that is happening.

God bless you.

Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy

Mrs. Rowley's Classes

ELD students at Alain LeRoy Locke High School.